Property sold without seller's children's consent

Two years back I purchased a house, the owner who sold her house to me is the second wife of his husband. The actual property was purchased by the first wife with her own money before she passed away. After she passed away the husband transferred the property to the second wife. Now the first wife's children have filed a case saying that this is an illegal transaction. Can I challenge the same?

Answers (1)

113 votes
With the death of first wife both her children and husband had inherited the property. Her husband can never transfer the whole share in favor of the second wife without the children's consent. Since you have made the full payment, ask the seller to get a NOC from the children.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles