Property registered on mother's name uncle asking share in it

Hello sir/Madam, In 1968 my mom's dad purchased land and transferred to his name from third party and gifted to my mom in the year of 2002 the same has been registered on my mom's name. The problem here is, at the time of partition my dad's younger brother was not happy so filed a case against partition and included the survey number which is gifted to my mom by his dad. So, when we try construct new house in this property his lawyer is sending notice stating that there is share for him as well and asking to stop construction. Here is my questions.. 1. Why should we give share to him (When the land is gifted as dowry to my mom by her dad) 2. Why is his lawyer sending notice asking share in this land. 3. What should we do to not to stop construction. Shyamalamma Kuppam – 517425 Chittoor Andhra Pradesh Caste : BC-B Gandla. Regard’s Shiva 9948483231

Answers (1)

190 votes

Hello when your father purchased the property in his name and gifted the property in favour of your mother and your father youger brother has no right that property to ask partition and also file case against your father and also issue notice and also he has no right to stop construction....

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles