quesProperty received in gift. In how much time can we sell it?

If we receive a property by gift, in how much time can we sell it? Also can i sell it to my husband? The property belongs to my brother. He was given this property by father by a proper sale deed which is in his name. Can his wife or children creating an issue at a later stage?

  • ans

    If the gift deed is registered by sub registrar and requisite stamp duty is paid then it is very difficult to challenge the gift deed. 

    Further, when you get the gift deed you are the title owner and you can sell the property to any one by way of sale deed.

  • ansYes you can sell the property as you like, subject to the gift being a registered gift in accordance with law.
    Also your brother's children can only create an issue if it is a HUF or coparcenary property which does not seem to be the case since your brother bought it from your father by a registered sale deed.
    Kindly contact for detailed consultation.

    Advocate Vanshdeep Dalmia

      Jor Bagh, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi, My father & mother holds a property in kandivili, after my father's death the…
Sir,I want to know if my son is adult but he could not do anything,…

I bought a piece of land in Faridabad, and there are few instalments are remaining…

Hi We have a property in a village around 100 Kms from Patna. My father-in-law…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly