Property inheritance in case of death of Mother with no will

We are a Hindu family of 5 so my Father,my mother,two married sisters and I am the only son.My Mother expired unexpectedly last year and he had land in her name.There was no will created. The land will be transferred to which family members and which section of Law will be applied.

Answers (1)

89 votes

The land will be transferred to father. If you all want a partition then you can do the same. Your father has to file for a letter of Administration without will by which the land will be transferred to his name legally and after to you all evenly.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles