Proceeds from sale of parental property not returned by brother

An amount received after the sale of a parental property was to be equally divided among siblings. However, due to insufficient financial resources with him, my brother requested my share so he can purchase property for himself. I handed over the money (part check and part cash) around 4 years ago. Now he refuses to return it. Can I get the money back?

Answers (1)

312 votes

Yes you are entitled to get your share from the sale of the said property. Your brother had taken that amount from you as a loan so it's recoverable after filing a civil suit for recovery of this amount. You may also initiate criminal proceedings against your brother.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles