Proceeds from sale of parental property not returned by brother

An amount received after the sale of a parental property was to be equally divided among siblings. However, due to insufficient financial resources with him, my brother requested my share so he can purchase property for himself. I handed over the money (part check and part cash) around 4 years ago. Now he refuses to return it. Can I get the money back?

Yes you are entitled to get your share from the sale of the said property. Your brother had taken that amount from you as a loan so it's recoverable after filing a civil suit for recovery of this amount. You may also initiate criminal proceedings against your brother.