Procedure to transfer the agricultural land to son and wife.

Sir, I l live in UP Varanasi, and I want to transfer my agricultural land to my son age 13 years or my wife . Please suggest me what stamp duty will be imposed

Answers (1)

221 votes

You can gift the agricultural land to your wife but not your son since, he is aged 13 years and is therefore, a minor.

Conveyance of a property by way of a gift deed requires the following;
1. Signature/Consent of both the parties to transfer and accept the property.
2. Registration of the gift deed
3. Paying the requisite stamp duty. The State of U.P. does not provide exemption as to the payment of stamp duty when the transfer by way of a gift deed is made within a family. The Stamp duty payable is 2% of the market value of the property

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles