Procedure to sell the land if ownership documents with someone else

Sir, My grand father bought a property (Society Patta) of 5 acres in Ranga Reddy district, Telangana in an auction in 1986. The land was given by Nizam earlier to the farmers. My grandfather bought it on the name of his eldest daughter. My Grand father has 3 children, My father and his two younger sisters. But when entering in the revenue records the pattwari has written my grandfather\'s name, insisting that My grandfather bought the land and it should be on his name. Since then the land is on his name only. And my aunt has no name in anywhere in the records. The agreement is made on a white paper attesting old stamps and witnesses and the original copy is with her. The government is not registering those properties and not giving Pattas. And now My grandfather wants to sell the land. So, what is the legal procedure to follow to sell the land.

Answers (1)

95 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad,

Without proper documentation you cant sale the said property, you have to file petition before the MRO for correction of names, if MRO fails to correct the name then you will case against the MRO for direction from the court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles