Procedure to remove name of co-owner from property

Hi, We brought a land in Bangalore 4 yrs back. Me and My wife is the co-owner of the property. Now, we are finding some differences and decided to remove my name from the property and to make complete ownership to my wife. Can i get some idea before i head back to India and start removing my name from the deed. Please let me know the step-by-step procedure so that i can well prepared before i make this changes. I really appreciate your help and quick response. 

There are a number of ways in which your aim could be achieved. You can do that by way of relinquishment , transfer, gift or a nominal sale of your undivided interest /share in the property. The process, amount of stamp duty or taxes will depend upon the State where the property is situated and the option you choose out of the ones given here. You can consult a property lawyer or contact us.

U can make the changes executing the release deed in favour of your wife before the jurisdictional sub registrar. If you send your papers I can draft you the deed and u Can suggest any changes and when reach here we can finalise it

If you do not have any loan or mortgage over the said property, then the easiest way to remove your name from the joint names, is if you were to execute a release deed or relinquishment deed in favour of your wife with respect to 50% share that you are the owner of, then she in turn becomes the full and absolute owner of the said property.
For this, both you and your wife will have to go to the sub-registrar office where the property is situated and you as the first party execute the release or relinquishment deed in favour of your wife the second party, this document will be duly registered and she can thereafter get the Katha transferred absolutely into her name.
Since the transaction is between husband and wife, there is a fixed stamp duty that will have to be paid.
It is as simple as above.