Procedure to get the registration done of wakf property

My grandfather came in patiala from Pakistan in 1947 after partition. In house he lived since now was declared wakf property after wakf came in existence after 1960. But my grandfather was living in this house since 1947.Can we get registry done in our favour now as we are living here since 1947 and wakf came into existence later.

Answers (1)

170 votes

Although you are living since 1947 but we have to see in what capacity you are living therin. If your posession is without any allotment and your posession is adverse peaceful then you can protect your posession but you cannot get the sale deed done. This must be evecue property then you have to move competent authority under displaced persons rehabilitation act and punjab package deal act

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My great grand father purchase a property which is divided between him and his (late) step brother after that our portion of property is sell by my fa…

Read More

My grand father had a property in kadam kuam patna bihar, he gave it to rent to carton godown and it's about 18-20 years and the tenants are conti…

Read More

My grandmother had four children. Two sons and two daughters. My father died at early age so my grandmother made a registered will in 1979 in the name…

Read More

My late grand father left his property undivided among his three children.with mutual understanding among brothers every thing was divided on17.03.201…

Read More