Procedure to claim share in my father's property

I am Muslim female . I have two brothers, one is expired and left one daughter and his wife. And two sisters all are married. My married was love marriage in same cast, my family was against it. But my father was willing and he did my marriage. During my marriage time he did not gave single rupee, because of my family pressure, later he told I have kept your marriage money and gold etc as which I gave to another sisters. Later he died. And my family members sold all my gold and everything thing. In this My mother also include. And after my marriage. My father has left a property worth 1.5 CR market value which is on my father name. My mother and brother are in position and getting the rent around 35k monthly. And sharing the rent with my other sisters. When ever I go ask my share they harassed me. Once I send the legal notice they replied. And told we Will not sell the property. And we will give you the share when we sell after how many years we don't know. So kindly advice me.

Answers (1)

329 votes

You definitely have a right in the property and your marriage does not affect that status. You could file a petition in court seeking your share of the rent if you wish to. The property definitely cannot be sold without your signature on the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles