Procedure to claim share in mothers part of the property

Hello sir mam. My mother died 17 years ago and we have not been in contact with my fathers in law's since. I recently turned 18 and iam a hindu male and only leagal hier of my mother. My father hasnt married anyone after her. The question i wanted to ask is can i demand for property which my mother could have got. P.s. the in laws already distributed all their property in their faimly so i caint make any demand on my mothers part of property.

Your mother has equal rights alongwith her brothers and after the death of your nana you are entitled to the share of your mother no body can deny the same but for that purpose you have to knock the doors of court of law. Although its a cumbersome process but you will gey your share