Procedure to claim share in mothers part of the property

Hello sir mam. My mother died 17 years ago and we have not been in contact with my fathers in law's since. I recently turned 18 and iam a hindu male and only leagal hier of my mother. My father hasnt married anyone after her. The question i wanted to ask is can i demand for property which my mother could have got. P.s. the in laws already distributed all their property in their faimly so i caint make any demand on my mothers part of property.

Answers (1)

166 votes

Your mother has equal rights alongwith her brothers and after the death of your nana you are entitled to the share of your mother no body can deny the same but for that purpose you have to knock the doors of court of law. Although its a cumbersome process but you will gey your share

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles