Procedure to claim share in grandfathers property

My grandmother had four children. Two sons and two daughters. My father died at early age so my grandmother made a registered will in 1979 in the name of my mother and my uncle. Property has been mutatated for taxes. We are hindu. My mother has not transferred property in her name. Is mutation sufficient to claim the right of her in property? Can she make a will? What are the steps to claim this property?

Mutation holds a good proof for the possession and if you want to claim the property either you can file for partition of the property incase you do not want to then a simple will made by your mother will be enough