Procedure to claim share in grandfathers property

My grandmother had four children. Two sons and two daughters. My father died at early age so my grandmother made a registered will in 1979 in the name of my mother and my uncle. Property has been mutatated for taxes. We are hindu. My mother has not transferred property in her name. Is mutation sufficient to claim the right of her in property? Can she make a will? What are the steps to claim this property?

Answers (1)

283 votes

Mutation holds a good proof for the possession and if you want to claim the property either you can file for partition of the property incase you do not want to then a simple will made by your mother will be enough

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hello, I am having question based on ancestral property, the house is in the name of my grandfather, my father is taking care of it, now by cheating m…

Read More

I m from hindu family, where my father inherited property from my grand father after his death, where my father got property where the property was sh…

Read More

My great grand father through registered Will who had two son he passed all his self acquired property only in favour of my grandfather. My grand fath…

Read More

We are 3 sisters and one brother.our grand father has 10lakh property.can we(grand daughters) get any share?…

Read More