Procedure to claim share in father's self acquired property

My father who was died 2004 wothout any will.I have 5 sisters,out of 1 is died by sucide in 2003. Then in 2012, only '4' live sisters gave HAKK SOD PATRA and transfer there right in propery to me in Sub-registar office(registered document)... Now the died womens child and my 4 sisters want the right on propety again... Is it possible? Who is able to get right again??? Please replyy..

Answers (1)

63 votes

Dear Querist, as per Hindu Succession Act, if you father has died intestate then all the surviving legal heirs will have equal right in the property. The Four sisters who have signed Hakk Sod Patra/ Deed of Release, being a registered document cannot claim back their share unless the said DEED is cancelled. Son of the deceased Sister will have not right at all, as she has predeceased your Father.
So, till time the Deed is not cancelled you will be the owner.

Please feel free to call us for any queries.

Rakesh V. Misar

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles