Procedure to claim share in father's ancestral property.

My father got property after my grandfather which self acquired property of Grand father. Now, my father sometime sell the land and give money to only one brother and ignore me and my eldest brother (we are three) I know as per 1956 hidu succession act i do not have any right to claim in it for partition but is there any other option to approach court and put property in dispute so that all will suffer

Answers (1)

69 votes

Dear client,
Your father cannot sell the entire ancestral property has been obtained. He can sell only his own Share if he sells your and your brother's share then you have right to move the civil court for injunction application for restraining the sale of property. And you can claim within three (3) years

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles