Procedure to claim share in ancestral property

My father in law has shared his property to his 3 sons and 2 daughters.My husband is one of the 3.I have a son Who is11 years old (minor).property distribution has been done without my knowledge.I came to know when I got the registration papers.I am not happy with the property distribution as my husband got less share (brain washed) can I as a mother of a minor Child have any right to question this property distribution.the property is ancestral and I have not signed in any papers.I'M a Hindu

Answers (1)

240 votes

As per Hindu succession act, the parent can decide to share their property i.e if its his own self acquired property as per their wishes. They can either transfer the property to one child and not give anything to other or not give any share to any child its totally their wishes. No one can question that neither the law nor the child. Whereas if its an ancestral property then its needs to divided equally among all shareholders.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles