Procedure to claim share in ancestral property

My father in law has shared his property to his 3 sons and 2 daughters.My husband is one of the 3.I have a son Who is11 years old (minor).property distribution has been done without my knowledge.I came to know when I got the registration papers.I am not happy with the property distribution as my husband got less share (brain washed) can I as a mother of a minor Child have any right to question this property distribution.the property is ancestral and I have not signed in any papers.I'M a Hindu

As per Hindu succession act, the parent can decide to share their property i.e if its his own self acquired property as per their wishes. They can either transfer the property to one child and not give anything to other or not give any share to any child its totally their wishes. No one can question that neither the law nor the child. Whereas if its an ancestral property then its needs to divided equally among all shareholders.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli