Procedure to claim share in ancestral property

sir, my father was in govt job and has 5 brothers including my father.He with the support of others bought agricultral land and got it registered in the name of our elder uncle with consent of my grandmother.after grandmother's death all brothers parted property with oral after death of my elder uncle their son wants the whole property back from us.what r the legal points for us?do i or my father have any legal right on the property?

Answers (1)

237 votes

Yes you have your legal right upon the property. With the help of your other uncles, you can get prepare a panchnama, as per oral agreement amongst your father and his brothers. This Panchnama will be valid document. Otherwise you will have to file partition suit, showing that the property is joint

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles