Procedure to claim share in ancestral property

sir, my father was in govt job and has 5 brothers including my father.He with the support of others bought agricultral land and got it registered in the name of our elder uncle with consent of my grandmother.after grandmother's death all brothers parted property with oral agreement.now after death of my elder uncle their son wants the whole property back from us.what r the legal points for us?do i or my father have any legal right on the property?

Yes you have your legal right upon the property. With the help of your other uncles, you can get prepare a panchnama, as per oral agreement amongst your father and his brothers. This Panchnama will be valid document. Otherwise you will have to file partition suit, showing that the property is joint

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli