Procedure to claim share in ancestral property

 owner of the plot. He has 4 children. Two sons two daughters. Among one daughter. My husband is first son. I am his daughter Can i fight for my share. I am hindu.

Answers (2)

115 votes

Dear client,
Yes, you have right to fight for your share. As each children have equal rights of property. So you can file civil suit for your Share.
Civil suit wans proper legal stamp duty for filling suit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

218 votes

See as this property has not come from last four generations, this is not an ancestral property but a self acquired property. Now a self acquired property can be disposed in the manner the holder wants to.
However, in the absence of will the property would devolve via Hindu Succession Act and in such a scenario you would get your share in the property as your father's legal heir.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles