Procedure to claim share in ancestral property

My grandfather died in 1994. he was with 2 son, 4 daughter. my father is the eldest son. my father died in 2013. out 4 daughters ( my aunt) 3 were died. the remaining one is with my father's brother. now both the two are not allowing me to use my grandfather property. that is my father's share. I want to know about how to divide the grandfather property and how i can get 50% share of my father.? or else i will get only 1/6th share.

Answers (2)

265 votes

It seems that your uncle is denying you to enjoy the shares of your deceased father. However you failed to furnish the details regarding the number of legal heirs of your father. Hence you are entitled the share of your father's property equally between your siblings. As far as your grandfather is concerned the property will devolve equally among his legal heirs provided he should not have written any Will.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

299 votes

Your grandfather's two sons and four daughters are entitled to 1/6 share each. You are entitled to your father's 1/6 the share after his death jointly with all the other legal heirs of your father. You have to file a suit to legally claim your share.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles