Procedure to claim Great grand mother's property who died without will

agriculture land worth 1 acre is on my great grand mother's name. she died 40-50 years ago without a will. she was married and had no children. some of that land is under my grand mother name in pattadaar passbook, but i don't know how she got that. Is there any possibility to get the land to my name or else who can get it? I am her great grand son. Regards

Answers (1)

295 votes

usually as the daughter of your great grand mother as per section 14 of the HS Act your grand mother is entitled to get the property and as you are being grand son you will be also list of heirs to your grand mother if she dies intestate

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles