Procedure of transfer of ancestral property

My father in law is having a ancestral agriculture land.he have 3 children' is my husband and two daughters married. My father in law wants to transfer the land to my husband. My question is that is it necessary of taking affidavit from my sister in law .and also d procedure involved and charges involved we are Hindu Brahmins.

Answers (1)

191 votes

You can transfer ancestral land with consent or Release Deed from sister in laws in Registered transfer agreement, gift, Partition. You can't transfer by getting affidavit from Sister in Laws. Transfer Deed of any kind must be registered with Sub Registrar.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles