Procedure of transfer of ancestral property

My father in law is having a ancestral agriculture land.he have 3 children's.one is my husband and two daughters married. My father in law wants to transfer the land to my husband. My question is that is it necessary of taking affidavit from my sister in law .and also d procedure involved and charges involved we are Hindu Brahmins.

You can transfer ancestral land with consent or Release Deed from sister in laws in Registered transfer agreement i.e.sale, gift, Partition. You can't transfer by getting affidavit from Sister in Laws. Transfer Deed of any kind must be registered with Sub Registrar.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli