Plot Developer | Booking Cancellation | Refund issue | Marunji Hinjewa

In Property Law
Hi I cancelled plot booking and asked for booking mount refund to the plot developer. The developer says he has transferred the money to plot owner and plot owner invested somewhere else. I am referring to booking form I signed with developer which had clause of refund full money in 15 days from cancellation date. Also payment has bank records. Hence I can surely take complain to multiple platforms but I don't know where do I take this complain for fastest and easiest way to get my money (4L) back. Thank you experts for your guidance here.

Answers (1)

281 votes

If you have signed a Booking form only and no allotment is issued, there is no formal allotment and therefore the terms of Booking form survive. Let us also understand whether there are more plots for sale and whether this project is governed under Rera.

As you have suggested that Booking form allows cancellation, you should first issue comprehensive notice and ask for refund. You have two remedies available in law, to move for Civil Court recovery or RERA Tribunal (if project is registered) for refund, as per provisions of RERA Act. Also seek an injunction against sale of flat as allotted.

Secondly, you may choose to file a criminal complaint for cheating, criminal breach of trust and for mental harassment for non payment of your dues.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles