quesPartition of inherited land among children

Our ancestral property of a land and a house in a village is still in the name of our mother who is no more. Originally, the property belongs to our grandfather who had two sons (one of them is our father). As no partition was done during my father's life time, the title for my father's share was transferred to my mother.

Now, she is also no more. We would now like to partition the land among the four of us. What is the procedure to follow?

  • ansIs there any WILL made by your mother. If there is no WILL then obtain a succession certificate from the court of the jurisdiction of the property on the basis of 1/4th share in your mother's property.

    You can also move an application for mutation of property in the name of all 4 children. Enclose a copy of the death certificate. If a no objection is received then the property would be transferred in the name of the legal heirs. You can then enter into a partition deed or a deed for family settlement.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

What legality is attached in purchasing an agricultural land from a SC/ST Seller? Or can…
through SPA(Special power of Attorney) is property registration is legal or not. but SPA is…
Hello Sir, I am planning to take house on lease for 3 years for Rs.…
Dir sir I have 3year old son and 5year old daughter.my husband want to daivorce…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly