quesNot providing occupancy certificate.

I have bought one flat From DS-MAX near Varthur, Bangalore. SBI has sanctioned loan against that property. Just few days before I came to know that builder is not going to give me the Occupancy Certificate (OC). However they will transfer Khata in my name (that too "A" Khata). I asked them why you can't give me OC , have you constructed something illegal? Then they showed me the BBMP approval for the plan. I am confused now if everything is as per BBMP approval then why BBMP is not giving OC ? Also I heard about Akrama Sakrama. As per this scheme, my flat will get OC after paying some betterment charge. Is it true ? How likely is that BBMP will demolish the flat if we dont have OC?

  • ansOC takes time. If building has been constructed as per sanctioned plans builder will get OC, in case builder fails to obtain OC move consumer forum against builder for deficiency in service . Consumer forum will direct builder to obtain OC within period of 4 months or so and penalize builder for each day of delay if he fails to comply with order . Also award you compensation for failure on part of builder in obtaining OC.

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

How to divide grandfathers property if brothers are egoistic and not ready to compromise in…
sir, i am a hindu by religion and live with my husband & a child…
Hello, I am from west bengal. I have three vacant plot just after one vacant…
My Builder is charging me interest for delay in the payment. The delay was because…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>