Not providing occupancy certificate.

I have bought one flat From DS-MAX near Varthur, Bangalore. SBI has sanctioned loan against that property. Just few days before I came to know that builder is not going to give me the Occupancy Certificate (OC). However they will transfer Khata in my name (that too "A" Khata). I asked them why you can't give me OC , have you constructed something illegal? Then they showed me the BBMP approval for the plan. I am confused now if everything is as per BBMP approval then why BBMP is not giving OC ? Also I heard about Akrama Sakrama. As per this scheme, my flat will get OC after paying some betterment charge. Is it true ? How likely is that BBMP will demolish the flat if we dont have OC?

OC takes time. If building has been constructed as per sanctioned plans builder will get OC, in case builder fails to obtain OC move consumer forum against builder for deficiency in service . Consumer forum will direct builder to obtain OC within period of 4 months or so and penalize builder for each day of delay if he fails to comply with order . Also award you compensation for failure on part of builder in obtaining OC.