How to remove mcd booked property under section 344(2) of MCD act for unauthorized co

04-Jul-2024 (In Property Law)
Dear sir, Recently, my commercial property was booked under section 344(2) of MCD act for unauthorized construction without any sanctioned plans. Plse note that MCD AE has not sent me the notice regarding the same but they have marked the notice/ letter directly to SHO (police station) of the jurisdiction of my property. Based on the MCD notice, ASI has come to my site and showed me the MCD notice. My question is my property booked for unauthorized construction or not and if yes then why MCD has not marked or sent the notice to me but directly to SHO of the area to take action. Since, my builder has already bribed MCD, my builder is saying that letter from AE of MCD to SHO is just a formality and nothing serious. Want to check the current status of my property whether mcd booked property or not and in future can MCD seal my property for unauthorized construction. Please note I have already paid last 10yrs conversation charges as per current rate for my property. How can I cross check theSTATUS
Answers (3)

Answer #1
272 votes

To check the status of your case under Section 344(2) of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) Act, you can follow these steps:

  1. Visit the official website of the Delhi District Courts at

  2. Click on the "Case Status" tab on the homepage.

  3. Select the "District" in which your case is registered.

  4. Choose the "Court Complex" where your case is being heard.

  5. Enter your case details, including the case number, year, and type of case.

  6. Click on the "Search" button.

  7. The status of your case under Section 344 of the MCD Act will be displayed on the screen.

If you are unable to check the status of your case online, you can visit the court where your case is being heard and request information from the court staff or the concerned lawyer.

You may also seek the help of a legal professional to assist you with the process.

Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
641 votes
Based upon my experience of working closely with the standing counsel of MCD, I would advise you to not take your current situation lightly as notices furnished in terms of statutory provisions are not mere formalities but are compliances which are met in furtherance of receipt of a complaint or a suo moto observance of an abberation in the municipality.
Further and better particulars needed to give a rounded opinion.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
529 votes
Kindly provide a copy of such notice and the address where your property is located. Also share details of approvals taken from MCD if any. Generally any authorised construction is not permitted without relevant sanctions and is demolished. It is only after receiving such pertinent details that I will be able to provide you with any legal advice.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."