My grandfather (mother's father ) have a property on his name who is

My grandfather (mother's father ) have a property on his name who is having only one daughter (my mother) ,my grandfather was died on few months back , after that my mother is willing to give that entire property to me ,but my sister is trying to file partition suite on that property . wether she can file partition suit on my grandfathers property, are my mothers wish ? My mother is having only two daughters ,my father also died

Answers (1)

278 votes

hello, your mother can file for legal heir certificate in the court, there after if she wants to give the property to you, she can either give it to by way of gift deed or through proper will. if your mother gets the legal heir certificate, then she can enjoy all the rights on that property if that said property is not ancestral property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles