My Father's property at Gaziabad sub URB and I want to sell it off I.

My father bought a house in Gaziabas . We are two brothers and one sister. I am eldest. Sister married for 30 years.Youngest brother settled in London. My father died in 1993.Property transferred to my mother. Mother died in 2007.Property transferred to my and youngest brothers name. I want to sell it and divide among brothers and sisters. My siblings are not ready. Nobody lives in that house. 1) Cannot ask for partition , partitioned portion will be to small to dispose off. I want to transfer my share in my son's name. Or sell the whole property.( suggestions by mail only to(swapan84g

Answers (1)

328 votes

Assuming that the respective transfers were duly effected, and assuming the property was not ancestral nor an HUF property, you will have a right to either partition it or transfer only your proportional share in it to your son. Better clarity can be attained on scrutinising the papers.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles