Municipality said would make a road without formal approvals

Hello.My father owns a property in a town Rayadurg, Andhra Pradesh. It is a personal property inherited from my great grandfather in which we have our shop on the ground and residence on the first floor. A proposal for a road extension was floated (to make a 80feet road from existing 60feet). However no formal notices or whatsoever were given in written by the municipality. Instead residents on that road were jus given markings and forced to demolish their structures with out even a talk of compensation. Our building had a length of 55 feet and now it is 45 feet after demolition. Inspite of this now the authorities are forcing us to demolish another 5 feet extra. If they require 20 feet for expansion how do they decide on which side they should expand? One more point is that the Rayadurg municipality themselves do not have any records about the old town documents but are blaming few private owners about land encroachment. What legal ways I can tackle the municipality?

Answers (1)

115 votes

you can file a suit for injunction or you can file a writ of mandamus before the high court of judicature and you can file suit for injunction with the local court having jurisdiction for such illegal demolition

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles