mothers share in property when there is no will ?

Dear sir we are three son and one daughter who is married and my father passed away and without leaving any will and recently mother is living with me and sister is insisting to sale the whole property and asking for her share and i do not want the partition as my sister and brothers, want the share but don't want to look after our mother. now that equal share is agreed so what about my mother's share and her well being and her care ? as she is not mentally fit and what is possible solution ?

Answers (1)

420 votes
After the death of your father you, your mother and your siblings succeeded in equal proportion to the property of your father as he died without making a will. Your mother cannot be deprived of her share on sale. Your sister may move to court to call out her share by seeking partition of property.

and If your mother is mentally unfit then you may seek her guardianship from court
to protect her interest after the court orders.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles