Legal remedy as appeal rejected in lower court for unlawful partition

Hi, For my mother's ancestry property. There were two sons n 5 daughters. 5 daughters were uneducated and signed on final decree without knowledge. Compromise case and appearing in court and judgement made on all same day(malur court). 5 daughters had no clue how much they will get. But brothers sworn to give partion after court case. But now they are not willing to give. The lower court rejected the appeal. Total of around 10 acres , daughters were given only 2 guntas each. OS 253/ 2011 If we appeal in High court of karnataka do we get justice on the partition. Thank you for the advice!!

Answers (1)

146 votes

yes, Normally Court has enquired about the contents of the compromise decree with each one of the parties and then only it passes a decree. If any malpractice or fraud etc there that time you have only limited grounds for questioning. .you have not any appeal provision but you may question before High Court under writ petition by strict proof of deceiving or fraud.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles