Legal query regarding share in Property

We have a land & my grandmother's property she has two children.... One is my mom nd her one and only younger brother....... The land is in name of my grandmother not in my grandfather name and all the documents of land my mother s brother has.... Now my grandma expired a year back and now my mama is not ready to give...... Please let me know sir/Madam that is there any rule that my mom should get the half share and what legal step can be taken.... We are Hindu religion

Yes. It is better to talk to your uncle to come forward to partition the property owned by your late grandma. In the event of his refusal to accept your request then you are hereby advised to issue a lawyer notice asking him to toe the line in the notice. After a period of 15 days from the receipt of your notice you better file a partition suit for apportioning the said property with regard to 50% share of your mom.