Legal query regarding share in Property

We have a land & my grandmother's property she has two children.... One is my mom nd her one and only younger brother....... The land is in name of my grandmother not in my grandfather name and all the documents of land my mother s brother has.... Now my grandma expired a year back and now my mama is not ready to give...... Please let me know sir/Madam that is there any rule that my mom should get the half share and what legal step can be taken.... We are Hindu religion

Answers (1)

236 votes

Yes. It is better to talk to your uncle to come forward to partition the property owned by your late grandma. In the event of his refusal to accept your request then you are hereby advised to issue a lawyer notice asking him to toe the line in the notice. After a period of 15 days from the receipt of your notice you better file a partition suit for apportioning the said property with regard to 50% share of your mom.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles