Legal procedure to file a suit for part performance for property

I have bought a400 yards land costing for 24 lacs 2.5 yrs back I have paid almost 22 lacs by cheque or bank transfers.still he(X) is not registering land.when I enquired I found the land alloted to me was registered on another party(Y).when I asked him directly,he made a mou on stamp paper with the X &Y signatures. But that mou wasnot written in a proper way.again when I asked him after finding out that signature on mou is forged.he made another MOU. I am having both the MOUs now.till now he says he will register the present all the lands are sold out and he has got only land mortgaged under muncipal ity.meanwhile we have filed a case against him and fir was raised.he admitted that I have paid him the amount and as I didn't paid him 2 lacs balance he didn't register and will register when mortgage land is released .so is it required now to file a performance suit along with out of order and injunction.if so how much will it cost approximately to file suit , out of order and injunction

Answers (1)

246 votes

Agreement of sale or MOI is executor contract in nature, 2hwrein vendor and gender shall be parties. The agreeemnt if dale or MOU shall remain in force for 3 years from date of execution.Hence do serve a legal notice asking other party to perform his part of obligation .If not file a specific performance suit and please do not that the suit to be filed within 3 years as per Limitation Act 1963.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles