Legal procedure for gifting father's property to son.

My dad would like to give some land plots as gift to me. I am in Kerala. Please let me know about what will be estimated registration charges and other fees involved.

Answers (2)

243 votes

If the execution of the deed by way of gift deed or settlement deed,then the stamp paper charge is Rs.1000 and Registration fees 2% of the fairvalue of the property .

Fair value
air value of land in Kerala is the valuation set by the Kerala Government upon the District, Taluk, Village and RDO. It’s the calculation laid on facilities and transportation growth in that particular District or Taluk. When registering a property the registration charges and the stamp duty are calculated based on the fair value of that particular land. This value is meant to be revised periodically as per market value and fair value and in Kerala.

You can check the fair value

The fairvalue of land shown in the website is the base value per are in all the cases. The 50% increase as per the Gazette Notification SRO No.698/2014 dated 14.11.2014 is to be applied on all the fairvalues in this website. In other words this site contains only the base fairvalues of land and not the enhanced fairvalues

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

159 votes

In respect of gift transaction within the family, the stamp duty involved is nominal. The local document writer would guide you in the matter..............................................................

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles