Legal procedure for gifting father's property to son.

My dad would like to give some land plots as gift to me. I am in Kerala. Please let me know about what will be estimated registration charges and other fees involved.

In respect of gift transaction within the family, the stamp duty involved is nominal. The local document writer would guide you in the matter..............................................................

If the execution of the deed by way of gift deed or settlement deed,then the stamp paper charge is Rs.1000 and Registration fees 2% of the fairvalue of the property .

Fair value
air value of land in Kerala is the valuation set by the Kerala Government upon the District, Taluk, Village and RDO. It’s the calculation laid on facilities and transportation growth in that particular District or Taluk. When registering a property the registration charges and the stamp duty are calculated based on the fair value of that particular land. This value is meant to be revised periodically as per market value and fair value and in Kerala.

You can check the fair value
http://igr.kerala.gov.in/fairvaluesearch.aspx

The fairvalue of land shown in the website is the base value per are in all the cases. The 50% increase as per the Gazette Notification SRO No.698/2014 dated 14.11.2014 is to be applied on all the fairvalues in this website. In other words this site contains only the base fairvalues of land and not the enhanced fairvalues

Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
New Friends Colony, Delhi