Legal procedure for Dual Ownership of property

I intend to construct a house on top of my sister's existing house (1000 sq ft builtup area), with vacant compounded land 1000 sq ft. registered on her name. She has an ongoing house loan against her property. I would like to know the legal procedure to have equal ownership so that the both of us have right on the property and at any point of time if one of us intend to sell our house - it should be possible without creating problem for the other.

Answers (1)

208 votes

With reference to your question in law Rato post regarding to right over the vacant property you can ask your sister to relinquish half of the share in the property by way setellement deed .you will have Co owner right over the property

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles