Legal consequence when grandfather transferred the property to uncle

Sir,my father has 4 brother he is in tension because my grandfather has written his land property to one my father brother son means (grandson) without the permission of my father or my father brother and now he is claiming that it was his property .what we can do

Answers (1)

The facts are not clear. What is his religion? If he is a Hindu, whether he belongs to mitakshara and marumakan. What is the status of property in the hands of your grandfather? So the answer will differ from one facts to other facts. Legal positions cannot be answered without complete facts.

For the sake of discussion, if the grandfather inherited property from his father or ancestors then huf law applies, and after his death to all children in equal shares male and female, and in those cases where the child to inherit dies then the relevant grandchildren in equal shares male and female. If the property is earned by the grandfathers own money then the grandfather can leave it to anyone he pleases by his will and the person mentioned will get the property. You or your father has no right over that. No one has any rights to the self acquired property of any one! If it is mentioned in the will, then person mentioned gets it.

However, if your father wants to challenge this will, that can be done if there are suspicious facts involved:
(i) The deceased was not competent at the time the will was signed.
(ii) The will was not executed according to the laws of the state.
(iii) The will is a fraud or forgery.
(iv) The will was changed shortly before the deceased passed away from a prolonged health problem.
(v) The will is inconsistent with the deceased’s beneficiary designations in a way that favors one particular heir.
(vi) Someone exerted undue influence over the deceased, affecting the distribution of assets. Not all influence constitutes undue influence. Typically, there must be a coercive element.
(vii) Lack of knowledge or approval- that the testator did not, in fact, know what was in the will when he signed it.

Tips for contesting will
(a) You must have a solid ground for contesting the will. By solid ground, it is meant that there must be elements of fraud, coercion, undue influence, suspicion present in the will.
(b) Take actions as soon as possible. Once the will has been executed as per the clauses of the will, it becomes a difficult task for the court to administer or facilitate the redistribution of property. Therefore, if you think the will needs to be contested, do it quickly. Do not wait for a long period.
(c) Any person who has possession of a property has a huge advantage.
(d) Consult a good legal advisor. Do not depend upon hearsay. Good legal advice is the last thing which you need in critical matters like these. One wrong advice can shake the whole ground!

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

There is some property earned & named by mother with father's support. There is also little ancestor property inherited to father who is no mo…

Read More

This is a case of two brothers & One sister, one brother has died , while the other one is claiming all the property, the one claiming property is…

Read More

mere pati me apne kamai ka jaydad kuchh bhi nahi hai.par unke paitruk sampatti hai Jo bhaiyon mein bantwara hochuka hai ab mere pati is duniya mein na…

Read More

Ek property ko ek father ne apne 7 larko me kisi ek ke nam per liz kar deta h . aur usi property ko bechne me garanter banta ho to kya is prakar liz k…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue