Legal action against person not complying with court order

Res. Sir, In this matter 02 Hectres of land share is given to my sister by partition and seperate posseession, by district court.I have withdrawn second appeal as follow: ORAL ORDER Parties are present before this Court and are identified by their respective Counsel. 2. Parties to the appeal claim to have settled the dispute amicably and as such the learned Counsel appearing on behalf of the appellants seeks leave to withdraw the appeal. Leave granted. Second Appeal stands dismissed as withdrawn. 3. In view of withdrawal of the appeal, pending Civil Applications do not survive and stand disposed of accordingly. Before withdrawl of suit I have made comprimise notary in which it is clearly mentioned that the suit property will be divided equally with me and my sister. But now she is not ready to give 01 hectare land as she mentions that comprimise notary is not on court record. Can I review the appeal or file a contempt petition? What are merits for me.

Answers (1)

158 votes

As per your query

If the compromise is taken place in the court and is there on the record of the court then you need to approach the court in which the compromise has taken place and file contempt proceedings against the defaulter. If the compromise copy is not on the record of the court you can take a chance to revive the appeal and simultaneously file a criminal complaint for cheating in the concerned police station.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles