Illegal money collection for acquiring our own land

We bought a land in Kanpur few years back, now when we planned to acquire the land & build it there are people asking for 10 lakh Rs or half the land to them otherwise threatening to kill also we went to police they are not helping & the gunda told if we take help from police he will increase the amount as he will also need to pay them more each time, nobody is ready to help

Sir I have perused your query. Sir you are entitled to build anything on the land you have acquired. If they force you not to do so or interfere then you can lodge an FIR under section 441 of IPC. For further information please feel free to contact me.