If the property is not selling can I ask for my share in it

Under mutual understanding me and my brother purchase a 2bhk. I spent 6lacs. MY parents expected both name should on flat. MY brother pick a home loan but whole was settle by by my father. Property is in name of his wife and him. Ask him to add my name but he came with idea to sale the flat and have 3 equal share. It has been 2 year he has put it for sale but price state so high that there no customer for flat. In this can I claim for my money or my share. Please advise

Answers (1)

320 votes

As the property is in the name of your brother and his wife so you cannot compel him to sell the property as per your wish or claim any share in the property even. Even the loan is in the name of your brother so his claim of ownership becomes more clear. If you have spent Rs. 6 lakhs on the property and if you made the transaction online then on the basis of this proof all you can do is file a suit for recovery for the lending made by you along with the interest.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles