I have a residential flat purchased in my wife's name in Mumbai.

Hindu religion: I need to prepare a will to transfer the property after our death in my younger brother's name, as I am childless. What needs to be done and when ?

This is my response to you:
1. First ask your wife to transfer the property to you;
2. Then you can make a Will in favour of your brother, i.e. he being your legal heir as per the schedule of Hindu Succession Act;
3. Otherwise your wife cannot directly make a Will in favour of your brother, if she does want to transfer it will be through sale deed and the same is expensive;
4. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.