I have a residential flat purchased in my wife's name in Mumbai.

Hindu religion: I need to prepare a will to transfer the property after our death in my younger brother's name, as I am childless. What needs to be done and when ?

Answers (1)

231 votes

This is my response to you:
1. First ask your wife to transfer the property to you;
2. Then you can make a Will in favour of your brother, i.e. he being your legal heir as per the schedule of Hindu Succession Act;
3. Otherwise your wife cannot directly make a Will in favour of your brother, if she does want to transfer it will be through sale deed and the same is expensive;
4. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles