How to sell a property in case of missing sale deed documents

We have lost our original sale deed of a plot of land. We have however, obtained a certified copy after giving newspaper ad, filing FIR etc in 2015. Now, we want to sell this property but however, the buyers are asking for about 20% less than market price. A few have backed out because loan is not available to them due to non-availability of original sale deed. My query is - "What is the best thing to do, 1. to get buyers at market price and 2. Help buyer get a loan to buy the property" A couple of the bank executives advised that a gift deed be made between the owner and someone first. Then try selling the property with the gift deed. This will help in getting a bank loan. I was also thinking of selling the property to my friend initially and then sell it to an outsider through him, so that I could get market price and also, no issues on the loan. Kindly advise.

Answers (0)

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles