How to safeguard farmer's right on ancestor's land

Dear sir, my father is a farmer having two sons, and he has one elder brother who's a certral railway employee having a son. My father has some ansistor land and some purchased land during joint family and he relied fully on the farm land to feed my family. Due to family issues, now my grandfather and my uncle are trying to grab and sell the land. My father still relying on agriculture to feed family from past 40 years and he do not know any other job. where as my uncle being an employee he gets salary and pension too. Please help me how I can save my father's rights on land and counter the opposition fraud. Till end of joint family, for 30 years my father shared the crop yields and supported to my uncle family and to my grandparents. My father didn't received any amount or support in his life during crop loss or in draught or in expenditures or in children education. So help me in getting Justice to my father and right to have more share in land as our life depended on agricltr only

Answers (1)

236 votes

you can file a suit for declaration and possession if the land is occupied by the others and also can claim damages for illegal possession and enjoyment and you need to prove your title over the land beyond reasonable doubt

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles