How to inherit property of grandfather's brother who has no heirs

How can inherit property of grand father's brother who has no legal heir?

Answers (2)

330 votes

You will have to contact your illaqa patwari and tehisldar and to make him application for virasat.( inheritance). This is the way to get your self enrolled in revenue record for the purpose of inheritance. Various other formalities like to file affidavit and to disclose about other heirs would be there.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

218 votes

you can get inherited property of your grand father's brother by the way of transfer of property act. you should file suit regarding this in the court and told to the court that you were residing with grandfather's brother till his death and upbringing him and proov it by any evidence. you may get that property.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles