How to enforce distribution of family owned property

The Property which has Ground floor plus 2 floors has to be divided equally among the 4 legal heirs as per the registered will by the owner who passed away in Oct last year. The mutation of the property has been done on the names of the all 4 legal heirs. It was decided mutually that the property will not be sold and it will be demolished and will construct newly having Ground, 1,2 and 3rd floor and will be divided as per the lottery chit system. The problem is that son of the eldest daughter is living currently on the 2nd floor and is reluctant to vacate and tells he is being living there for 28 year's though he was not giving any rent and he is not a tenant. The 3 legal heirs are not interested in going to court whereas youngest daughter wants to take her portion in the property as per the registered will. Plzz advise how much time will it take in court to get the judgement and during that time can we vacate the property by the occupant who is staying on 2nd floor.HinduReligion law

Answers (1)

256 votes

Dear Querist,
These family issues in the property matters would be long lasting before the Courts. kindly go for the Alternative Dispute Resolution systems for settling the issues. Kindly mention the details of the settlement mentioning that the said property would be demolished and new building would be constructed. This problem may be solved within the span of 6-8 months.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles