How to claim share in ancestral property after mothers death ?

Sir, The disputed property was my grandfather's (my mother's father) ancestral property. My mother was his only child. Without writing any will my grandfather passed away. Later my mother also passed away in 1995 in my birth so my father got 2nd married and we moved away in 1997. Now in the mean time my grandmother on having anger on my father, she sold these properties to my grandfather's brother mentioning that her only daughter also passed away so she is selling the property in the document. she didn't mention anything about me in it. And another property of 6cents land with a house in it (which is earned by my grandfather) she donated it to her sister. 1) How much claim do i have in that ancestral property? 2)Whether she can sell my grandfather's ancestral property to any one? 3) Whether the donation of property earned by my grandfather to her sister is legal?

Answers (1)

132 votes

You got a very good definitely got 50% share in your grand father's property.your grandmother got other half share only. The Gift by your grand mother is also not valid.when did you came to know this?

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles