Grandson's right in grandfather's property if there is no will

Hi.  My husband's grand fathers home was given to his chacha by my father in law. My father in law and his sisters went to court and gave their consent that they will never file for this property and from today it is only his. That time my husband and his brothers were of 25 above but did not interfere. Can we file a case for our right in grand father property. It has been 17 years now and my grand father in lawa did not have any will also. Kindly advice

Answers (1)

51 votes

If while making the transfer or while giving the consent your husband and his brothers were not asked to give their consent or their no objection even when they were major at the time of making the transfer you can validly file a suit to obtain your share in the property

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles