Grandfather gave the Ancestral property to one son other wants share

In 1982 , Only 3.12 acres of Ancestral property was given by my grandfather to my father telling rest will be given when divide among other members, as my grandfather was not keeping well and my father was elder son quit government job and asked to look after all household activity, in which undivided property was more than 25 acres, also there were houses, sites which was not divided between other 2 sons and 4 daughters, but my grand father expired in 1985, property was divided in 1997 between members of family in court, but 3.12 acres land is not mentioned in partition deed, but now in 2015 when we wanted to sell 3.12 acres of land all family members put case asking share telling it's ancestral property, from 1982 till date RTC and all land records are in my father name, is this case valid after so many years after dividing,. ? My father got less share during partition as they considered 3.12 acres during partition,.

Answers (1)

290 votes

Sir, is there any registered document to show the said land was given to your father. If it was ancestral one, your father alone has no title unless its registered and signed by all sharers. If there was not stated any thing in court compromised order and absence conclusive document you shall not be entitle for exclusive owner ship

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles