Grand child's share in self acquired property of grand parents

Hi, in case father and mother are fight in court for divorce case from 11 yrs and daughter of them are minor till date. and the grand father expired and grand mother is till alive and father had 2 sister. and property from great great grand father are sold by grand father long back and now grand father and grand mother are worked and made the property. now does the grand child is claim when she is 18 yrs for property of grand father or father. she is only child of grand father son.

Answers (1)

151 votes

As per Hindu Succession Act, grand children cannot claim rights/share in self acquired property of grand parents, if the grand children have living parents.

Incase the parents are pre deceased to grand parents, then the grand children are eligible as legal heirs.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My Father owns following property- 1. Agriculture land no-1 , size- 5 acres from ancestral property and its on my father name. 2. Agriculture land no-…

Read More

My father was dead.our family property (agriculture) dividation is father and I have three uncle means my father have three brothers. My …

Read More

Sir, my grandmother has a property and died without any will. She got 4 sons and one daughter who is my mother. My mother died. Now my mother's br…

Read More

My village near to mysore.i have 5.5 acre of land from my ancestors . 2 years back from govt servay department i have made measurement for my boundary…

Read More