GPA holder harassing for money for second registry

One of my friends' father purchased property through GPA/SA/Will in 1990. All three documents are registered. Now my friend's father expired recently (July 2014). Having GPA >>First registry has been done by my friend's father. When my friend contacted the original allotted to come and sign for second registry, he is demanding huge amount which is out of his reach. He gives threat on phone. What should be done please advice with best possible ways to deal with such greedy persons.

Answers (1)

99 votes
The GPA/SA ceased to exist after the death of your friend's father. Was the property registered on his name by your friend's father? If the property was transferred in his name then you do not need the original allottee again. If no transfer was made then going to court now may be of no use, in which event he should arrive at a settlement with the seller.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles