Govt forcing change of dimensions of purchased property

I recently purchased a property, which is on a 60 feet road. Now while i apply for building permission, GHMC telling that the road is marked as 100 feet for the last 15 years. because of this, i am at huge loss as i will be loosing significant land. 1) I want to know can i put a case on government as i have been misinformed about 60 feet road 2) When all my neighboring sites got approvals earlier on 60 feet road, can i get clarity from government on when they are going to dismantle those buildings or will they be regularlized? 3) If these buildings get regularized both my left, right and back sides, isn't it fair for me to get permssions? Can i challenge GHMC in court for giving me the permissions on the basis of 60 feet instead of 100 feet?

Answers (1)

330 votes

Yes, you challenge the action of government on two reasons. First one, when the approved layout is for 60ft, can govt change without any notice to you. This it is illegal. So file a writer petition in High Court and challenge the said action without any proceedings

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles