Gift deed issue. Wife gift to husband and wants back.

In Property Law
Wife is co-owner in the property. Wife gifts her property share to husband. After that husband sold the property to 3rd person. After sold the property, wife wants her property share back. How to handle in this situation?

Answers (1)

235 votes

You can claim that you are a bonafide purchaser for value without notice.

Wife had already transferred her share to her husband. Therefore she can't claim her share from you.

If she files a suit against you in civil Suit in that suit you can take defence of bonafide purchaser.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles