×

quesFraudulent transfer of property

My parents passed away without valid Wills. We are four siblings - three brothers and one sister (myself). All are married. My elder brother's wife got one of the landed properties of the parents transferred to her name without the consent of the three Class 1 heirs. She misrepresented facts and produced an alleged WILL to the Municipal authorities and got the transfer of property by such dubious means. What is the remedy for the three heirs in this case?

• ansYou can file an FIR in the nearest police station and approach the deputy registrar with the notice stating the facts that your property has been illegally transferred. Misrepresentation of facts and cheating is punishable under Sec. 420 of IPC.

You have not mentioned whether the will is forged or not?